Monday, May 11, 2009

Research Fail

Male cat needed to mate with my beautiful part Bengal female!!!! - $40

I would really like to breed my female cat, who is part bengal and part tabby. she is the sweetest most affectionate cat you will ever meet and i would love for her to have kittens to keep my family and her family company. I have 3 other cats and 2 dogs, and they all get along very well. My cat's name is twinkles and she is almost a year old ( this september ). I have done some research on breeding cats, and i would love to breed her between now and december, seeing as she is part bengal, it is best to breed her at a younger age. I AM NOT looking for a purebred cat!!! I am well aware of the great responsibility.
I AM looking for a cat with these qualities/characteristics for i am breeding for temperament and beauty.
- lap cat
-affectionate
- vocal
- good hunters/likes to jump
- playful/energetic
- no orange cats!!! unless they are light orange almost white!
-preferably a short haired cat, OR an exotic long-hair
-LOTS of PERSONALITY!
- enjoys being held/snuggling with
- loves dogs/other animals
- a cat that does something unusual, that makes he.she stand out from the pack!

IF YOUR CAT HAS ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED QUALITIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME!!!

I am a cat lover, who provides a loving home to my cats, all of my cats are spayed/neutered except my newest edition and she is so amazing i just want more just like her!
My cats are indoor cats, and have all of their shots.vaccines and have been tested negative for FIV and other diseases.


Oh, Jesus. You know, I've researched a lot of things myself. My favorite thing in the world to look up is truly gross skin diseases. I read those texts for fun. Does that mean I'm ready to start diagnosing and treating funky skin conditions? Hell no.

Lady, just because you read a book or a Wiki article on cat breeding does not make you a breeder. Do you know your cat's bloodlines? Do you know the health history of sire and dam? Are you prepared for some nasty surprises?

Just because your cat is awesome, there's no guarantee that any kittens will be just like her. Don't believe me? Just look around the table at your next Thanksgiving when your uncle is waxing drunk and telling everyone within earshot EXACTLY what their problem is at an insane decibel level, embarrassing the shit out of even dead relatives. I'd like you to wonder how in the hell THAT happened. Aren't genetics fun?

What's the forty dollars for? Are you paying the the male cat's owners or are they paying you? I sense a pimping fail here somewhere.

Thanks to CR for sending this gem in!

3 comments:

  1. Half of me looks forward to the day when people's ignorance and stupidity cease to amaze me. the other half of me is scared to death to see that day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, but... KITTENS! THAT ARE AWESOME! A whole mess of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a cat that does something unusual, that makes he.she stand out from the pack!"

    Whoa, two female cats can reproduce?
    What an idiot.

    ReplyDelete