Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Reptile FAIL.


My sons were playing with one of our anacondas outside today and got distracted. This is a BIG snake and he can be quite aggressive if you don't know what you're doing. He slithered off, and we have looked everywhere. He's due to eat soon, so he may be hungry and he could easily take a cat or small dog. He could also be hurt by one, so we want him back soon. You can't miss him, he's mostly green/olive colored, doesn't matter, if you see a snake his size call me, anytime of the day or night PLEASE! I'll run right over and get him.


Lost near Shoreline Community College, and hell yes my kids are in trouble over this! No computers for them for a week!

Did you hear that noise just now? That was my head exploding from the dumb here. There are some animals that just shouldn't be kept as pets, and this would be Exhibit A. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about anacondas in captivity. It's the sentence at the end that really drives things on home. Besides, did no one see Anaconda with Ice Cube and J. Lo? Yeah, that ended well.

Hell, I'm really glad that a parent dumb enough to keep huge, potentially aggressive reptiles in the house is smart enough to take the kids' computer privileges away for a week. That'll show 'em!!! Show them what, I'm not sure.

Wait, ONE anaconda got loose? This means they own another ginormous cranky herp. Someone please call the Darwin Award folks so they can track this.

Oh, and if you're in the Shoreline, WA area, you may want to keep Fluffy indoors for a bit.

4 comments:

  1. This is fucking bad. I don't know what the weather in WA is typically like, but it looks like the snake has the choice of either freezing to death or naturalizing himself before he's found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice right now, but it's never what you might call "anaconda weather" here. And I'm sorry, but if most people see an over 12 foot snake in the yard, they're probably gonna shoot first and ask questions later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just wow. I'm really kind of sad you didn't post the link to this post, because this person deserves to have their inbox flooded with emails telling them what morons they are.

    Also... wouldn't anacondas be listed as "exotics" and be illegal in most states? I would call law enforcement and turn them onto this... that snake looks big enough to kill children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was no snake pic with the ad, I yanked it from the image search I did.

    I'm not sure if anacondas are considered exotics or not. I DO know that you couldn't pay me to keep one in the house.

    ReplyDelete