Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Of Cats and Kids and FAIL.

Another two-for-one deal today. Sometimes the idiocy comes in pairs and you just have to roll with it.

First up:

Free Female Kitty

I believe she is almost a year and a half old. She is mainly black with some white and has big gold eyes! She loves to cuddle in your lap while watching TV but she also likes to be by herself sometimes. During the day she spends her time watching out the windows and playing with her toys. She is a wonderful cat, I just cant keep her because of my 2 year old daughter. My daughter has become very mean to the kitty so its time to find her a new home. She will come with a litter box, her toys, and the rest of a big bag of food. If you are interested in her please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Followed by:

Cat needs good home--maine coon

I have a maine coon cat named Charlie that needs a new home. He’s two and a half years old now, is micro-chipped, and is de-clawed in the front. He’s a good, loving cat that we regretfully need to find a home for. We’re having our second child soon and are worried that Charlie will paw at the door and wake him up. Our first child, who is 16 months, pulls his tale and grabs at him already, so we feel like our house isn’t the best fit for him. Please let me know if you’re interested. Thanks, Ryan.

These ads test my common decency to the limit, because I want to a.) keep their phone numbers intact for obvious reasons, and b.) call them up and rage. I don't think that would be a very fruitful conversation, so I don't.

I would consider finding the child in the first ad a new home, but that's just me, and I'm evil like that.

The second ad mystifies me. I find it a bit of a reach that these people are really thinking that cat scratching at the door will wake the baby. Excuses, anyone? I think the truth is at the end of the ad. However, I will award a point for the most creative pregnancy related excuse to date. It's still really lame, but I'm glad you tried.

Really, how hard is it to teach the KID that the cat is not to be messed with? Saying "NO" when Jr. pulls the cat's tail is that difficult? You could just let the cat get a good swat in, and I'm 99% sure that the cat will be left alone.

You're also giving the kid a great lesson--that pets (or anything else) is disposable at the first sign of trouble. Let us know how that works out in your old age, would ya?

3 comments:

  1. yeah, let's not teach our children respect for animals. These same children will grow up without respect for anything, including themselves.

    Turn on your ability to see the future and where these kids end up.

    Exactly why the world is the way it is today.

    grrrrrrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, because dumping the poor cat is so much better than teaching your brat how to be nice to animals. I can't even call either of these people parents, they're just idiots that managed to breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awaiting the day this conversation takes place: "I know you don't like the home, Mom, but you're just too much trouble now."

    ReplyDelete