Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Intention Fail


Would anyone be interested in a Dorkie?

She turned a 1 yr old in February, her name is Zeba which means power of Zeus. She is a Dorkie, half Dachshund and half Yorkie. Both of her parents are purebred. I bought her when she was 6 weeks old with the best of intentions. Unfortunately, a busy working life with kids, sports, and husband does not permit the time that she deserves. She is a sweet dog and I want her to go to a good loving home where she can be spoiled. She is a pretty quiet dog, wants lots of love, weighs about 4-5lbs, not potty trained as she has not been allowed in the house due to factors that do not involve her. The longer I keep her the guiltier I feel. If interested, please let me know. Serious inquiries only.

Strike one: it's a mutt. Say it with me, class--just because the parents are purebred, cute names don't change what the dog is. And before anyone thinks I'm anti-mutt, I'm not. Mutts are awesome. Calling them something else is just stupid.

Strike two: the no time excuse. I think I've heard this song before. It's got the same shitty beat and I still can't dance to it.

Strike two-and-a-half: no mention of a re-homing fee. But since you went to great lengths to explain that the dog's lineage is in fact purebred, I'm guessing it's more than a hundred dollars you want for your well intentioned failure.

Strike three: the dog isn't potty trained because IT WAS NEVER LET IN THE HOUSE. But that's OK, there were other factors at play (*giant eyeroll*). Of course you feel guilty, you let that dog live outside because you didn't have the time (poor you), or inclination, or whatever to train, much less care for this animal. I'll even go waaaaay out on a limb and bet there's health problems up the wazoo with your Dorkie. You probably don't know any better than I do, since you never really let it share your house.

I'm glad you had good intentions. I'm sure that will really help the new owner fix all the damage you caused.

5 comments:

  1. good stuff!!! please keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, blast those lamos that abuse animals! I did some volunteer work , at one time, for dog and cat rescues. A lot of the people should be in the kennels. They ain't Einsteins that's for sure.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could someone not know the time involved in dog care ahead of time? Surely, she could of thought it threw ahead of time or I'm I being too unrealistic in expecting people to think first.

    Keep it coming. Too many crazy pet owners out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the positive comments, you guys. If you see a bad ad, please send it on over!

    @bhm: I don't know how people could think a dog won't take up any time. Duh. But I can't believe this one left the dog outside all the time. That's uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a dog living outside as long as it is well taken care of, people spend time with it and the dog is suited for it. However a dachshund / yorkie obviously is not.

    ReplyDelete